- Some services are not accessible on smartphone.
- Sign In
- My Account
- My Cart
- Customer Service
- De Luca's Coffee>
- Coffee & Espresso Machines>
- Gaggia Classic Pro Espresso Machine Cherry Red
Gaggia Classic Pro Espresso Machine Cherry Red
The choice of home baristas the world over for decades, the Gaggia Classic Pro improves on an already stellar machine by introducing an all new professional two hole tip steam wand perfect for latte art quality milk steaming, an improved drip tray, brand new rocker buttons and indicator lights, an updated case and more.
It's a machine made to unleash your inner barista at home.
Made in Italy, the Gaggia Classic Pro manual espresso machine is the perfect combination of tradition and Espresso quality, cased in a timeless stainless steel body. Designed for home baristas looking to fine-tune their coffee making, the pro is capable of delivering exceptional espresso shots, great latte art and cup after cup of a traditional Italian coffee experience at home.New in 2020: The Classic Pro is now available in five refreshing new finishes: Classic Blue, Industrial Grey, Polar White, Cherry Red and Thunder Black giving a unique twist to the iconic Classic.
DESIGNED AND MADE IN ITALY
Guarantee of premium quality and a neverending passion for the art of espresso making.
PROFESSIONAL GROUP AND FILTER HOLDER
The same size, style and weight of the professional machines, the chromed brass group and filter holder are designed to guaranteee optimal coffee temperature throughout the entire brewing process and an improved in-cup quality.
NEW SENSATIONAL COLORS
Classic Blue, Industrial Grey, Polar White, Cherry Red and Thunder Black are the new five incredible tones that give a unique twist to the iconic Classic. The high quality zinc coated steel bodywork will definitely stand out in every “home barista” corner.
PROFESSIONAL STEAM WAND
The professional steam wand with two holes makes the best milk froth for gorgeous cappuccinos at the comfort of your home
The 3-ways solenoid valve ensures a constant control on water pressure inside the filter-holder. Once the brewing is ended, it guarantees a perfect drying of coffee pucks, making removal and cleaning easier.
NEW ROCKER BUTTONS INTERFACE
A new intuitive interface with dedicated indicator lights for on/off, espresso and steam for a total control of the functions
FILTERS KIT INCLUDED
Gaggia Classic comes with 3 filters available to suit each level of expertise – from beginners to pro – for ground coffee or coffee pods
STAINLESS STEEL CUP WARMER
Benefiting from the warmth produced by the machine, the cup plate for 5 cups keep them always ready to use
NEW BODYWORK DETAILS
A renovated stainless steel bodywork shape to make the water level visible, a new drip tray to improve stability, and an iconic filter-holder with the signature Gaggia “G”.
15 BAR PUMP
The perfect pressure to make an Italian espresso with a layer of authentic “crema naturale”
NEW ROCKER BUTTONS + INDICATOR LIGHTS
PROFESSIONAL CHROMED BRASS FILTER-HOLDER
HOT WATER/STEAM DISPENSER
PROFESSIONAL STAINLESS STEEL STEAM WAND
CLASSIC BLUE, INDUSTRIAL GREY, POLAR WHITE, CHERRY RED, THUNDER BLACK
1 CREMA PERFETTA FILTER (FOR 1 OR 2 CUPS); 2 TRADITIONAL FILTERS (1 CUP/PODS; 2 CUPS)
CAPACITY WATER TANK
WATER TANK: FRONTAL, DRIP TRAY: FRONTAL, STEAM WAND OGIVE
SIMULTANEOUSLY BREWING OF 2 COFFEE CUPS
23 X 38 X 24 CM
GROUP AND FILTER-HOLDER
PROFESSIONAL STAINLESS STEEL STEAM WAND
ZINC COATED STEEL
ZINC COATED STEEL
PLASTIC AND STAINLESS STEEL
JUST FOR WE VERSION
GAGGIA TRADITIONAL BOILER
230 V 50 HZ; 120 V 60 HZ
GROUND COFFEE DOSER, TAMPER
How can I make a traditional Italian espresso?
1. Choose the blend you like the most. We suggest to select fresh coffee beans to grind at the moment to have a even richer and more intense espresso
2. Grind the coffee. Be careful to grind at the right size: not too coarse (or water will flow too fast) and not too fine (or water will not flow)
3. Insert the correct filter in the filter-holder. Remove the frothing jet device if you want to use the traditional filters.
4. Place the clean filter-holder in the group, put the cups on the cup warmer plate and switch the machine on
5. The temperature light is steady: the machine is ready to use
6. Dispense a bit of water, remove the filter-holder and fill it with ground coffee using the doser (one serving for one cup)
7. Slightly beat the filter-holder
8. Tamp for a few seconds by applying a constant and even pressure
9. Remove any coffee residues from the edges of the filter-holder
10. Lock the filter-holder in the group and press the coffee button to start the brewing process
11. When you get the desidered in-cup quantity, press the coffee button once again to stop the brewing process. Now your espresso is ready!
To deep dive in the art of espresso making, watch the Gaggia Home Barista Academy video and learn all the barista’s secrets!
How can I get an even warmer espresso?
To get an even warmer espresso, we suggest to follow these three little tips.
1. Turn on the machine a few minutes before using it, so it can heat properly and get ready to use.
2. Keep the clean filter-holder locked to the group – not too tight – both during the heating phase and after cleaning. This preserves the temperature and avoids termal shocks.
3. Pre-heat the cups by placing them on the cup warmer or dispense a bit of hot water with the pannarello on the cups, then wipe them with a cloth
Which milk can I use to get a velvety milk froth?
We suggest to use whole cold milk (at circa 5° C / 41° F), with a protein content of at least 3% and a fat content of at least 3.5%. Proteins will incorporate air in the cream, while fats will make it dense and steady. Also semi-skimmed cow milk, some lactose-free milk and soy drink are proven to deliver a good result.
How can I froth milk for cappuccinos and other drinks?
1. Press the steam button
2. After 15-20 seconds, the steam temperature indicator light turns on
3. Turn the steam/hot water knob slightly counter-clockwise to eliminate any condensation from the wand, then close the knob again
4. Place the jug, half-filled with cold milk, under the steam wand
5. Place the steam nozzle just below the surface of the milk – avoid touching the bottom of the jug – and keep it close to the edge of the jug with an appropriate angle to produce a vortex
6. Turn the steam dispensing knob counter-clockwise to let the steam come out. To froth the milk correctly, the steam nozzle must always be in contact with the milk and not with the froth
7. Once the desired frothing has been achieved, the steam nozzle must be pushed further to heat the milk well
8. Close the steam knob by turning it clockwise to stop dispensing steam, and remove the jug
9. Press the steam button
10. Let it rest for around 30 seconds to obtain a velvety texture.
To deep dive in the art of cappuccino making, watch the Gaggia Home Barista Academy video and learn all the barista’s secrets!
Can I use mineral water?
Yes, you can use mineral still water or tap water. It is important not to use sparkling water as it can negatively affect the brewing process.
How to prime/flush the machine?
Before you use your Gaggia Classic for the first time or in case the internal circuit has run out of water, you need to flush/prime the machine with fresh water. Here below the easy instructions to follow:
1. Rinse the water tank and fill it with fresh water.
2. Place a container under the steam wand
3. Open the steam/hot water knob slowly by turning it counter-clockwise.
4. Press the brew button and the steam button
5. Dispense the whole water tank content through the steam wand.
6. To stop dispensing, press the brew button and the steam button again.
7. Close the knob by turning it clockwise.
8. Fill the water tank with fresh drinking water.
9. Insert the filter-holder into the brew unit from the bottom and turn it from left to right until it locks into place
10. Place a suitable container under the filter holder.
11. Press the brew button and dispense all the water in the tank.
12. Once the water tank is empty, stop dispensing by pressing the brew button again and empty out the container.
13. Remove the filter holder from the unit by turning it from right to left and rinse it with fresh drinking water. The machine is now ready for use.
When do I have to descale my machine?
Scale is a normal consequence of using the machine, and it depends also on the quality of the water you use. We suggest to descale the machine every 2 months and/or whenever you notice a reduction in the water flow. We suggest to follow the step-by-step procedure illustrated in the instruction booklet and to only use the Gaggia descaler that is especially thought especially for our espresso machines.
Which descaler can I use?
To descale your Gaggia coffee machine use only the Gaggia decalcifier, a unique solution made to ensure excellent performances of the machine throughout time. Vinegar or other descaling agents must be avoided. Never use descaling agents based on mineral acids such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and sulfamic acid. These descaling agents may damage your coffee machine’s pipe and tube system.
How to properly clean the filter-holder?
In order to properly clean the filter-holder you need to:
1. Remove the filter that is installed
2. Wash the filter under tap water (not in the dishwasher)
3. Wash the inside of the traditional filter-holder under tap water (not in the dishwasher).
When and how to clean the filters?
Filters must be kept clean to guarantee an every day perfect result. If you notice a malfunction when brewing coffee, immerse the filters in boiling water for 10 minutes and then rinse them with running water. For a more thorough cleaning, use the Gaggia oil remover tablets.
Which components are removable and washable?
It is possible to remove the water tank, the pannarello, the drip tray and drip tray plate. We suggest to wash them under tap water and to delicately wipe them with a clean cloth. We advise against washing these components in the dishwasher.